We are delighted to launch Visible.Clothing. Thank you to the 151 backers who supported our crowd funding campaign who have enabled this to happen. We are learning by doing and will updating and improving the site over the upcoming weeks. We welcome constructive feedback and hope you’ll invite others to join us on this journey.
Visible People, Visible Costs, Visible Impact
We are excited about connecting you with the people who make Visible clothing, telling you where every pound of the cost price of the t-shirt has gone, and sharing how opportunities are being created for extreme poverty to be eradicated.
Some of the things you can expect from us over the coming weeks include:
- A cost breakdown of the t-shirts
- Bio's of some of the people who are making your t-shirt
- A video from the factory during the t-shirt production (potentially a live stream)
- An opportunity to ask questions to people who work in the factory
- A chance to learn about the positive social impact experienced by workers who have made your clothes.
We want to bring you on the journey and show you how consumer choices directly affect the lives of people throughout supply chains. We’ll be tracking the progression of your clothes from when we have enough demand to put in an order (see pre-order model), all the way through to when your clothes arrive on your doorstep.
Other visible clothes
So far we have t-shirts. But we want more - a lot more. Importantly we want more of the products that you and your friends want Visible to produce. Please join us by giving us your feedback and let us know what you want to wear (product survey).